Only 2 more days to go!!
Well after listening to a lot of dire straits yesterday, love that private investigations tune, I then later watched a bit of catch up tv and then bought raiden v on ps4 and played a couple of hours on it, while listening to music of course. Then bought a pepperoni passion pizza from dominoes and watched the game, palace 2 arsenal 3, good match. All the while chatting to my lovely friend from down south. I watched episode 4 of the grand tour on Amazon prime with jezza, hamster n may, so bloody good. Then I watched in hd the wanderers again coz it’s so bloody good, wish that friend of mine would watch it, she deffo gone love this film.
So anyway I decided to do a music questions and answers session, this is gonna take me a while so I’m putting some music on (primal scream me thinks) and get to typing the answers in. Let the music begin..
1. What are you listening to right now?
While writing this I’m listening to primal scream – Screamadelica album.
2. What song(s) make(s) you sad?
There are a few, based on reminders and what they mean to me.
N trance – set you free (1992 white label original version) because it was the last song me n my cousin listened to together before he died.
Gary Numan – My last day, because its just so heartfelt.
Gary Numan – Lost, because it reminds you of being alone.
Abba – Fernando, because it reminds me of my granddad n he loved abba.
Guns and roses – November rain, my gran died when this was playing on radio after fighting cancer and was cremated in November.
Joy division – atmosphere, it reminds me of my struggle with depression.
Radiohead – exit music, loss of love.
Nine inch nails – something I can never have, about being in love with someone who was taken.
3. What is the most annoying song in the world?
Where do I start, all that Jake and Logan Paul stuff my daughter plays is fuckin terrible but I have to smile n say yeh Caitlin it’s ok, not. The song I hate, detest most ever as to be
The black eyed peas – My humps (😔😕😭🤢🤢🤢🤢😡😠)
4. Your all time favorite band?
Pink Floyd, who else.
5. Your newly discovered band is?
Royal Blood, courtesy of a southern sweety.
6. Best female voice?
This is tough, mazzy star, hazel o Connor, Bjork.
7. Best male voice?
This is a tough one but I’ve got to go with Freddy mercury of queen. Bloody brilliant.
8. Music type you find yourself listening to most?
Mainly rock, 60s n 70s rock mostly and 80s n 90s dance n pop stuff to sing along to.
9. What do you listen to, to hype you up?
Rock, 80s and 90s dance.
10. What do you listen to when you want to calm down?
Bit of Philip glass – koyaanisqatsi/powasqqatsi, jean michel jarre, kraftwerk.
11. Last gig/concert you went to?
Happy Mondays at the men arena Manchester.
12. Band you find yourself listening to the most right now?
See number 8
13. Most hated band?
The black eyed peas, anything x factor, caitlins modern tripe lol
14. Song that makes you think?
Gary Numan – Little invitro, Johnny cash – Hurt, Mazzy Star – into dust, Portishead – roads, free – oh I wept, the who – the real me, plus lots of others
15. Band that you think the world should love as much as you do?
16. Coolest music video?
Ok a tough one, let me think, beastie boys – sabotage
17. Music video with the most gorgeous babe?
Chris Isaak – wicked game, because omg Helena Christensen is just gorgeous, those eyes. 😍
18. What do you play/would you play in the bedroom to spice things up?
The beloved – sweet harmony, and Lil Louis – french kiss.
19. Can you play a musical instrument?
20. Ever been in a mosh pit?
21. Are you in a band?
23. Ever dated a musician?
28. Do you wish that you were a musician?
Yeah of course!
29. Best chick band you know of?
No idea, L7, hole, ??? Mind gone blank.
31. Last song that you heard on the radio/CD…etc…?
Primal Scream – come together, thats why im playing the album.
32. What do you think of Classical music?
I have listened to bits, yanno the stuff they put on adverts and the like but it’s not my cup of tea.
33. What do you think of Country music?
Not into it but I do like Johnny cash.
34. What do you think of Death metal?
Hmmm some of its ok, but the rest is just noise.
35. Last BIG band that you saw live?
36. Are you a groupie?
Lol nope as I don’t own a pair of boobies n a fit bum.
37. Do you listen to music in foreign languages?
Yes, French, Icelandic, German, Spanish, Celtic, etc
38. What famous musician would you like to “spend the night with”!?
As in female n going all the way then transvision vamps Wendy James back in 89 😍, damn lol. If it was just for talking about music then roger waters.
39. Worst concert moment?
40. Funny concert moment?
41. Sad concert moment?
42. Best local act you can think of?
43. If you were a musical instrument what would you be?
Probably the piano because it can be used in so many ways.
44. Do you listen to the radio?
Very rarely but back in the day it was Manchester key 103, sunset 102 and a pirate radio station based in moss side.
45. Do you watch music TV?
I used to up to 1998, then then internet took over, Napster, winmx, downloading mp3s lol 😈☠
46. Do you follow the music charts, like the top 40?
Wow not since about 1996, the internet as completely killed the charts, those days of listening on ya stereo with ya tdk c90s and recording the top 40 onto cassette have well gone.
47. Have you met any famous musicians?
Shaun Ryder, Gary Numan.
48. Are any of your friends/family/etc. musicians?
Yeh my southern friend is an awesome singer. 😙🤘🎶🎵
49. Song that best describes your feelings right now?
Fever ray – keep the streets empty for me.
50. Song that describes your life?
Staind – it’s been awhile
51. Do you know the names of all the band members that you listen to?
Nope I’m not that good.
52. Does a musician’s physical attractiveness play a role in the music that you listen to?
Deffo no, music and talent first.
53. What famous musician do you want to marry?
Lol no idea.
53. Favorite movie sound track?
Now this is really tough for me but for originality it goes to hazel o’connor – breaking glass, simply a brilliant album that I still listen to from beginning to end. The various artists soundtrack goes to Kevin and Perry go large soundtrack, amazing selection of tunes. And also the sucker punch soundtrack cos that’s caitlins favourite.
55. Any musician pet hates?
Yeh those bloody long arse notes like Whitney Houston used to sing, Mariah Carey, n that kind grates me, fork on a plate
56. What do your parents listen to?
My parents brought me up on Beatles, pink Floyd, Simon and garfunkel, Neil diamond, abba, John Martyn, the who, kinks, rolling stones, the 60s
57. What are you listening to right NOW after getting this far?
Primal Scream – Screamadelica album still.
58. Do you wear band etc T-shirts?
Yes, rock n metal, pink Floyd, Hawkwind, megadeth, iron maiden etc etc.
59. Do you cook to music?
All the time, ya gotta it’s the law.
60. Do you sing in the toilet?
Of course I do, usually salt n pepa – push it lol